Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Classic Tiramisu

Being highly uncultered, I had never tried Tiramisu. So for a recent girls day at the pool, I wanted to give it a try. Sorry - I have no pictures, but trust me, it's worth making.

Original Recipe can be found here: All Recipes

Mine? Below

Ingredients
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese substitute (8 oz cream cheese 2 tsp of sour cream and 2 tsp of heavy cream combined)                                                       
  • 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 (12 ounce) packages ladyfingers split in half
  • 1/3 cup coffee
  • 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions
  1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler (I used a saucepan), over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored.
  2. Add mascarpone to whipped yolks. Beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
  3. Split the lady fingers in half, and line the bottom and sides of a large glass bowl. Brush with coffee. Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers. Repeat ladyfingers, coffee and filling layers. Garnish with cocoa. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.               

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh,
    I'm sorry. I just don't think of you as "highly uncultured." You make me laugh! My oldest son will especially like this recipe. Thank you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete