Sunday, June 13, 2010

Good Things Come in 3's

When you wake up at 6:30am on birthday party day, you are bound to repeat...and repeat, "it's not time yet". It seemed like 11:00 would never come. But it finally did for the little man who turned three. He finally got his three wishes.

His Paw Paw John,

 Paw Paw Jeff,

and his tractor birthday cake.
and we welcomed the rest of the family who joined us for the celebration!

Luke was finally convinced to open his presents...

but he just kept wanting his cake...

With full bellies the kids headed out to swim & splash...

After the party was over, Erin, Luke & Anna became secret agents. (But I'm not sure how serious you can take a secret agent when they have pizza and strawberry Fanta on their faces.)

Luke enjoyed playing ball with Patrick, and riding his bike in the evening shower.

It turned out to be a really good day. But if I get to vote for the best part (and I think I do) it was when Luke & I went for a bike ride before bedtime. We were nearly home and approaching a stop sign and he says:

"I lub you Mama."
"I love you too, Luke."
His bike starts to slow down, so I slow down too.
"Stop your bike so I can gib you a hug."

Honestly, how great is that?


And tonight, I present to myself,  the
"Most Ever Collages In A Single Blog Post"
award. Woohooooo!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this Ashleigh, I'm so glad you enjoy your children. Hold them close..you never know what the future holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your handsome little man. It sounds like his day was all he wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing....love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best post EVAH! Love that he slowed down his bike for you...made my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete