Monday, June 14, 2010

What This Girl Wants

Erin asks for lots of things.

Oooh, new Barbie; oooh, new kitchen; oh Mama, princess vanity!

Her requests are quite often declined for many reasons.
You have 12 Barbies and hardly play with them. You have a kitchen. You don't need a vanity, it's funky plastic and expensive....You can't have everything that is new & shiny...

But when hunting for birthday party supplies at the Dollar Tree last week, I came across these.
Now I know my girl, and she is hooked on worksheets & workbooks. I was so excited to find them!

I narrowed it down to two each for Erin & Luke. Luke is not as sold on workbooks as Erin, but he is catching on to the basics anyway. (Although I never should have explained to him a square as being "like a box", because for the longest, when I asked him what shape it was, he would say "it's like a box".)


Erin was passing through the kitchen the day I brought them home and they caught her eye.

WHAT ARE THESE FOR MAMA?
They are for you & Luke sweetie.
Do we have to wait until Luke's birthday?
No, you can have them now.
She runs outside...
LUKE, LOOK WHAT MAMA GOT - AND WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL YOUR BIRTHDAY!
She runs back inside...and gives me a big hug!
THANK YOU MAMA!

Now, that I didn't expect. I very much appreciated it, but did not expect it.

Soon after, we were on the couch, reading and adding to her hearts content.



I was especially thankful for the time we had to do them together. I just have to keep her away from Luke's workbooks now!

2 comments:

  1. They've got lots of great stuff like that at the dollar stores!!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete