Monday, July 5, 2010

Things I've Learned

This past weekend, the family loaded up for a trip to Houston. The reason for the trip was to get Patrick's "new" to us truck. Yes, we drove to another state for a vehicle. (And no, I do not have a problem with that.) But we did have a few other adventures as well.

Hey Look, there it is!
 

On the trip, I learned a few things...

The kids are awesome in the car.
Even so, it'll still be a while before we do it again, because I am not awesome at sitting that still.
Erin did ask very early on "Are we almost in Texas?"
To my reply, "Um, no dear, this is Port Allen."

My children have never been so happy to be in a bedroom.
 

Sea Turtles are cool.

Jellyfish are cool behind glass.

We spotted license plates for 17 states, and 1 from Canada.

Hissing Cockroaches are nasty.

Need a closeup? Sweet dreams :)

Dinosaurs were really big. I didn't take the time to see if these replicas at the Museum of Natural Science were true to size, but they were huge!



The Museum of Natural Science is rediculously expensive.

The beetles are bigger in Texas.
We found a dead one by the pool, that was probably the size of Erin's palm.
Patrick & I will swim in freezing pool water to make my daughter happy.
Especially after she & Luke were so good being stuck in traffic for 3 hours.

After above mentioned traffic, I am near an emotional breakdown.

The bathroom doors in the Houston Zoo are pretty funny.

Beetles come from grubworms.
I happen to think that grubworms are possibly the grossest critter ever, besides their other white friend that I won't even name. maggot. Oops.

After 4 3/4 hours in the car, my posterior loses all sense of feeling.
I don't think this requires an explanation.

Wasps and mosquitos patiently wait for Luke to get home to bite and sting him.

The good Lord watches over us, wherever we go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment