Friday, November 19, 2010

Sink Sank Sunk

There is a little girl in Erin's kindergarten class. I'll call her Amy. Amy is not a good student. She has no social skills. She always has a runny nose. She won't sit in her chair. Or listen. Or do her work correctly. She gets her conduct card pulled nearly every day. She frequents the office. Word is she has never been to Wal-Mart. I'm certain her home life is not ideal. One day I was at school to pick Erin up a bit before the bell rang. Amy had escaped. No one knew where she was, she snuck out of her class and was no where to be found. Turns out she was on the bus already. All by herself.

 She needs prayers.

Proverbs 22:9
He who has a generous eye will be blessed,
For he gives of his bread to the poor.

Needless to say Amy is not the most popular. Most of the children grow impatient with her. Erin & I have talked about her situation and how Jesus wants us to treat everyone the same, with love. Even when they are different. Even when they are not the nicest to us, we should still be nice to them.

Yesterday morning I stopped by the school to drop off water bottles for Erin's class and before I left Erin's teacher stopped me.
 
She said, "I just wanted to tell you that you have a special little girl. Erin is so patient and compassionate when it comes to Amy. When I am at my end and have long grown frustrated with her along with many of the students, Erin is still encouraging. She says "Look! Amy sneezed into her elbow! She did her work and is still in her chair!"
 
"Erin helps other children with their work when I am not yet able to get to them. When another teacher came in a few days ago, Erin got a book from the bin and started reading to the class. She is my "student teacher"."

Psalm 116:4-6
Then I called on the name of the LORD: “LORD, save me!”

The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me.

So, even when we think things are not sinking in....They are listening, watching, learning. Have patience. God is patient with us every single day.



1 comment:

  1. Tears. Tears.

    Thanks be to God, dear Ashleigh! Your daughter is a little encourager in the Lord. Hmmm....just where could she have gotten that from?

    You are blessed! And may God continue to use Erin to bless Amy.

    ReplyDelete