Thursday, November 25, 2010

Oh Give Thanks To The Lord

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your loving kindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night." Psalm 92:1-2

"Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely maid with golden
hair; I envied her--she seemed so happy, and how, I
wished I were so fair; When suddenly she rose to
leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle; she had one
foot and wore a crutch, but as she passed, a smile.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two feet--the
world is mine.

"And when I stopped to buy some sweets, the lad who
served me had such charm; he seemed to radiate good
cheer, his manner was so kind and warm; I said, 'It's
nice to deal with you, such courtesy I seldom find';
he turned and said, 'Oh, thank you sir.' And then I
saw that he was blind. Oh, God, forgive me when I
whine, I have two eyes, and the world is mine.

"Then, when walking down the street, I saw a child
with eyes of blue; he stood and watched the others
play, it seemed he knew not what to do; I stopped a
moment, then I said, 'Why don't you join the others,
dear?' He looked ahead without a word, and then I
knew he could not hear. Oh God, forgive me when I
whine, I have two ears, the world is mine.

"With feet to take me where I'd go / with eyes to see
the sunsets glow / with ears to hear what I would know
/ I am blessed indeed / The world is mine / oh, God,
forgive me when I whine."

Courtesy of: http://www.actsweb.org/encounter/daily.php

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Ashleigh! I'm thankful for you!

    How true these words are. May we give thanks in everything, and remember moment by moment just how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words that remind me of the need to be thankful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete