Sunday, December 13, 2009

2010

I realized the other day, here it is, the month nearly half over, and I don't have a new calender for next year. I love a fresh, new calender to record birthdays on. Not spoiled with doctors' appointments and due dates.

I set out to score a free one while running errands. Everyone gives away calenders as promo items. Well, apparently not anymore. Church had given them all away; the big pharmacy apparently doesn't do calenders; the bank hasn't done them in quite a while, I'm guessing since the national chain took over.

Ugh. I actually have to buy one. So I picked a pretty, glossy one, with scenery from across the U.S. Inside it had this thoughtful message from DaySpring....

Just think,
you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you and made you
the person you are.
He compares you to no one else -
you are one of  a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.

Probably wouldn't have gotten those inspriring words from CVS.
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment