Friday, December 25, 2009

I Let Him In

Oh, how I had big plans for today. I was going to be a good Christian and really celebrate Jesus' birthday. A super good prayer before our meal, happy birthday Jesus brownies...

But I let him in our house. Today - of all days. You know him, the father of lies, the wicked one, the accuser. Satan. The one who comes to seak and destroy. The one who messes up our families. Who loves quarrels over petty things. The one who encourages fathers not to wave at their daughters. The one who pushes daughters not to speak to their mothers. Sons to turn their backs on their mothers. Sisters not to speak. Satan, who adores an unforgiving heart. Cold and resentful. He came in my house today.

This evening we passed a house with a yard full of cars. That may someday be our Christmas, I pray. Everyone together, regardless of faults we all have. With hearts full of forgiveness, love, respect and actual joy to be together.

So my plans for today, well, I should have prayed first thing this morning. Because those things did not happen.

I pray you had a Merry Christmas and your hearts of full of contentment. And tonight I pray he won't interfere with any more of my days. I have no room for him. I have no desire for such things in my life.

Happy Birthday Jesus. I'm sorry I allowed Your day it to get messed up.

Luke 4:8 (King James Version)

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment