Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time

We often take for granted the time we have with people who are most important to us. Assuming they will always be there. That the time we have with our children will be endless. Believing that they will be here tomorrow, next year, in 20 years. But we are not promised tommorrow. Only God knows how long we will be here to love each other.

I was once told that nothing on earth belongs to us, not even our children. All things belong to the Lord. I certainly understood that as far as material things. But my children? I thought about that a lot, and knew that it was true. The Lord had blessed me with so many things. My children were another blessing too. For me to enjoy, raise and care for while we are here on earth. And for that blessing I am extremely thankful.

So today, cherish them, love them, hug them. Accept your blessings and be thankful for them each moment. Even when they make you crazy. Because they are from God, and we don't know how long we will have to love them.

In Memory of Kelsey Lieux
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kelseylieux

1 comment: