Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home Improvement - Round 2

Ding Ding!

Here is a pictorial on my latest project, refinishing and old headboard.
And as Erin would say, "I did it all by myself!"

First, I took an old headboard from Mom's attic.

Next I removed the old latice work looking stuff that was stapled to the back. Then sanded it all and applied 2 coats of Minwax Polyshades.

I bought some 1/4 wood, quilt batting & fabric and cut everything to size.
Next I wrapped the batting & fabric around the plywood and stapled it down. Lastly, nailed it all to the headboard frame.

Now we finally have a headboard!